Thanks to Phil Osborne of Lexington, director of the industry group FACES of Coal.
Linda J. Johnson, a member of the Online Team, grew up in Colorado where a love for the outdoors and things environmental was ingrained at a tender age. She has been with the Herald-Leader for 15 years.
- Florida Gov. Scott had stake in pipeline firm whose $3 billion venture he and his appointees backedFlorida Gov. Rick Scotts 2010 transition team included a Florida Power & Light executive a plan to build a major natural gas pipeline in North Florida. In 2013, Scott signed…Click to Continue »
- Climate models don't over-predict warming, study showsIf you listen to climate change skeptics, Earth's surface hasn't warmed appreciably in the last 15 years, and any "record" set last year is just the result of the planet…Click to Continue »
- Groups sue EPA over emissions from industrial livestock productionA coalition of environmental, community and animal welfare groups sued the Environmental Protection Agency Wednesday in an effort to push the Obama administration to reduce air pollution, including greenhouse gases,Click to Continue »
- National Park Service is on its way to creating a 2nd marine wildernessThe once-bustling oyster farm and sales shack at the end of the dirt road had the look of sudden abandonment.Click to Continue »
- Delta water weed problems called the worst in yearsOver the past several months, a thick carpet of green has spread across many Delta harbors and even open channels, making them the latest victims of California's historic drought.Click to Continue »
- Obama proposes to make ANWR a wildernessThe White House is proposing to designate the oil-rich coastal plain of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge as wilderness permanently off limits to drilling.Click to Continue »
- Air monitor in Texas fracking-boom country is up and soon to track pollutionThe first air monitor in the heart of the fracking-intensive Eagle Ford Shale region of south Texas has been installed and will be in operation following calibration tests to assess…Click to Continue »
- Diggin' In: A guide to the versatile, colorful camelliaCamellias are plants with benefits - they add pops of flower color in the winter garden and help feed pollinating insects that emerge on warm winter days.Click to Continue »
- Environment, logic taken for a ride by surging SUV salesWhere is the logic in buying a gas-guzzling SUV just because gas prices are so low?Click to Continue »
- Living Smart: Don't take kitchen appliances for grantedMost people depend on their kitchen appliances for daily use and occasionally for a cooking marathon before a holiday feast. They're staples of the kitchen, and expected to work. But…Click to Continue »