This is an example of a WordPress page, you could edit this to put information about yourself or your site so readers know where you are coming from. You can create as many pages like this one or sub-pages as you like and manage all of your content inside of WordPress.
Linda J. Johnson, a member of the Online Team, grew up in Colorado where a love for the outdoors and things environmental was ingrained at a tender age. She has been with the Herald-Leader for 15 years.
- At drought talks on Capitol Hill, behind-the-scenes maneuveringThursday morning, while the Capitol Hill spotlight was pointed elsewhere, three Northern California congressmen paid a quiet call on the state’s junior Democratic senator, Barbara Boxer. They wanted to talk…Click to Continue »
- 2014 warmest year: California, world set to break recordsThis year is on track to be the warmest year on record for California - and the entire planet - according to a new report. And in California, recent rainstorms…Click to Continue »
- Los Angeles mayor proposes L.A. climate change summit of U.S., China mayorsFollowing up on last week's U.S.-China climate change agreement, Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti said Friday he would invite leaders of Chinese and American cities to a summit in Los…Click to Continue »
- Capitol Hill talks on drought bill dry up, to resume next yearDemocratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein of California on Thursday pulled the plug on secret, high-stakes negotiations over a water bill for her drought-plagued state, saying she and fellow lawmakers will try…Click to Continue »
- Despite recent cold, world continues to rush toward warmest year ever“It is becoming pretty clear that 2014 will end up as the warmest year on record,” said Deke Arndt, climate monitoring chief for NOAA’s National Climatic Data Center. “The remaining…Click to Continue »
- Diggin' In: Windowsill art makes the outdoors come inVirginia gardener Nancy Ross Hugo has always been in the habit of putting little snippets of plants and ripening fruit on a windowsill at her home in Ashland, Va.Click to Continue »
- Living Smart: To fully winterize, look outside the homeIt's wise, before the snow flies (or as soon as possible if flakes have already flown), to take the time to prep your home and property for winter. We hear…Click to Continue »
- BMW i3 named 2015 Green Car of the YearThe BMW i3, a plug-in hybrid made of carbon fiber, is the 2015 Green Car of the year.Click to Continue »
- Environmentalists: Brazil's greenhouse gases riseEmissions of greenhouse gases in Brazil, Latin America's biggest country, were almost 8 percent higher in 2013 than one year earlier, a network of more than 30 environmental groups said…Click to Continue »
- After quarantine, bison find a new home on the range in MontanaOne after another, the bison came storming out of the back of an 18-wheeler, down a metal ramp and onto the snow-covered prairie at Fort Peck Indian Reservation in northern…Click to Continue »