This is an example of a WordPress page, you could edit this to put information about yourself or your site so readers know where you are coming from. You can create as many pages like this one or sub-pages as you like and manage all of your content inside of WordPress.
Linda J. Johnson, a member of the Online Team, grew up in Colorado where a love for the outdoors and things environmental was ingrained at a tender age. She has been with the Herald-Leader for 15 years.
- Rain garden tours to show practical and environmental benefitsA tour of rain gardens in Central Kentucky this weekend will demonstrate how they can be attractive additions while addressing environmental problems.Click to Continue »
- Garden tour promotes native plants, Monarch-friendly environments for sustainable landscapesCreating a plan to incorporate native plants as well as pollinator and wildlife-friendly habitat into your own landscape just got easier, thanks to the Wild Ones' Monarch Waystation Garden Tour…Click to Continue »
- Just how green are state governments?When President Barack Obama this spring ordered federal agencies to cut their greenhouse gas emissions over the next decade - to 40 percent below 2008 levels - the concept was…Click to Continue »
- Obama's fuel-efficiency goals prove elusive, but reboot should helpThe following editorial appeared in The Kansas City Star on Monday, June 29:Click to Continue »
- Federal wildlife agency puts off decision on N. Carolina red wolf recovery effortThe U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service said Tuesday it will stop reintroducing endangered red wolves into the wild, while it continues to study the feasibility of continuing its troubled program…Click to Continue »
- United investing $30 million in company that turns trash into fuelCHICAGO - United on Tuesday announced it would invest $30 million in an alternative fuels developer that turns household trash into jet fuel.Click to Continue »
- Supreme Court quashes clean air rule, says cost must be consideredThe Supreme Court rules that cost must be taken into account when the Environmental Protection Agency is deciding whether to regulate certain pollutants.Click to Continue »
- Clean air gets scrubbedThe following editorial appeared in The Baltimore Sun on Tuesday, June 30:Click to Continue »
- Climate change and our air-conditioned livesPope Francis has proclaimed climate change a fact, stressing our moral duty to correct it. The pontiff titled his encyclical "Laudato Si," or "Be Praised," a phrase taken from "Canticle…Click to Continue »
- Solar Impulse plane departs Japan, headed for HawaiiA solar-powered plane attempting to circumnavigate the globe without fuel took off from Japan early Monday after an unscheduled monthlong stop.Click to Continue »