This is an example of a WordPress page, you could edit this to put information about yourself or your site so readers know where you are coming from. You can create as many pages like this one or sub-pages as you like and manage all of your content inside of WordPress.
Linda J. Johnson, a member of the Online Team, grew up in Colorado where a love for the outdoors and things environmental was ingrained at a tender age. She has been with the Herald-Leader for 15 years.
- Unsafe levels of toxic pollutants in heavily fracked Ohio countyEmissions from fracking operations may be exposing people to some toxic pollutants at levels higher than the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency considers safe for long-term exposure, according to scientists from…Click to Continue »
- Solar plane still in China awaiting weather that will permit 5-day flight to HawaiiSwiss pilots Bertrand Piccard and Andre Borschberg are taking turns attempting to become the first to fly a solar-powered plane around the world. The one-seater Solar Impulse plane, the product…Click to Continue »
- After fracking win, N.Y. environmental groups turn to GMO fightALBANY, N.Y. - New York state environmental groups are taking the black villain hats off drilling companies like Chesapeake Energy Corp. and placing them on Monsanto Co. and other sellers…Click to Continue »
- BP oil spill linked to Gulf dolphin die-off, study saysWhile earlier studies linked illnesses to the Deepwater Horizon spill in living dolphins, a new study of dead dolphins more directly connects their deaths to oil that washed across the…Click to Continue »
- Diggin' In: Master Gardeners say their interest never stops growingMaster Gardeners spend hours in the classroom and in the field, learning about good and bad bugs, pollinator-beneficial plants and water-wise gardening, just to name a few topics.Click to Continue »
- Living Smart: Dryer vent cleaning prevents fires, improves efficiencyWhat you can't see can hurt your wallet, or worse.Click to Continue »
- As mountaintop mining spreads, lawmakers oppose rule to protect streamsThe White House is expected to announce a stricter rule for the disposal of mountaintop-removal mining waste into streams. Some Republicans in Congress are describing the move as the latest…Click to Continue »
- Obama calls climate change an 'indisputable' security threatPresident Barack Obama has argued for action on climate change as a matter of health, environmental protection and international obligation. On Wednesday, he added national security.Click to Continue »
- Obama warns of threat that climate change poses to national securityPresident Barack Obama warned Wednesday that climate change poses an "immediate risk to our national security" so significant that U.S. military forces will have to adjust how they train and…Click to Continue »
- Climate change lands on agenda of the PTASchool districts in California - and perhaps nationwide - will soon feel increased pressure from parents to teach climate science in their classrooms.Click to Continue »