This is an example of a WordPress page, you could edit this to put information about yourself or your site so readers know where you are coming from. You can create as many pages like this one or sub-pages as you like and manage all of your content inside of WordPress.
Linda J. Johnson, a member of the Online Team, grew up in Colorado where a love for the outdoors and things environmental was ingrained at a tender age. She has been with the Herald-Leader for 15 years.
- Only 3 wolves left on Michigan's Isle RoyaleOnly three wolves now remain on Michigan's Isle Royale, down from nine wolves last year, Michigan Technological University scientists reported Friday.Click to Continue »
- Legal battle begins over Obama bid to curb greenhouse gasesObama’s most far-reaching regulation to slow climate change is heading to court, beginning what is expected to be a multiyear legal battle over the Clean Air Act.Click to Continue »
- Secrecy shrouds decade-old oil spill in Gulf of MexicoDown to just one full-time employee, Taylor Energy Company exists for only one reason: to fight an oil leak in the Gulf of Mexico that has gone largely unnoticed, despite…Click to Continue »
- Climate censorship gains steam in red statesWhile plenty of people found humor in the recent news that officials in Florida and Wisconsin are censoring state workers' ability to talk about, much less work on, climate change,Click to Continue »
- Obama's climate change policy appears to survive early court challengePresident Barack Obama's ambitious plan to battle climate change by forcing power plants to reduce their greenhouse gases appeared to survive its first court challenge Thursday, but only because the…Click to Continue »
- Diggin' In: Magnificent tulip trees also have a missionSpring brings out the best in flowering trees, especially native species like purplish-pink redbuds, white dogwoods and sweet bay magnolias, all relatively small trees.Click to Continue »
- Living Smart: How much does a swimming pool really cost?If you're thinking about adding a swimming pool to your backyard, then chances are the cost of the project is a top concern.Click to Continue »
- N.C. governor says Atlantic drilling need not be so far from beachesPat McCrory tells a U.S. House subcommittee that a federal proposal to include a 50-mile buffer between the coastline and drilling for oil and gas would restrict development for no…Click to Continue »
- Obama legacy gets second legal test over 'goof' in climate ruleA congressional drafting error and clunky phrase is putting a second of President Barack Obama's signature endeavors in jeopardy. This time it's climate change.Click to Continue »
- California city looks to D.C. for drought reliefFresno-area officials and business leaders hope to turn on the financial and water taps during their annual federal lobbying trip.Click to Continue »