This is an example of a WordPress page, you could edit this to put information about yourself or your site so readers know where you are coming from. You can create as many pages like this one or sub-pages as you like and manage all of your content inside of WordPress.
Linda J. Johnson, a member of the Online Team, grew up in Colorado where a love for the outdoors and things environmental was ingrained at a tender age. She has been with the Herald-Leader for 15 years.
- Greenpeace protest ship released by Russia after 10 monthsThe Greenpeace protest ship Arctic Sunrise has been released after 10 months of detention by Russian authorities and the damaged icebreaker is now limping back home to Amsterdam, the environmental…Click to Continue »
- 3 Southeast flowers get federal protectionThree Southeast flowers are now protected under the Endangered Species Act.Click to Continue »
- USDA announces 1st update to poultry inspection rules since 1957The new rules require plants to conduct their own testing and sampling of birds for the first time for food-borne pathogens such as campylobacter and salmonella, at least twice during…Click to Continue »
- Study traces how dinosaurs evolved into early birdsScientists have mapped how a group of fearsome, massive dinosaurs evolved and shrank to the likes of robins and hummingbirds.Click to Continue »
- Diggin' In: Oyster gardeners help save the bayOysters are harvested for your dining pleasure.Click to Continue »
- Panther comeback in Florida means lost cattle for ranchers, study findsThe Florida panther nearly died out in the 1990s, but conservation efforts since then have more than quadrupled the number of the endangered cats - and research shows that may…Click to Continue »
- Scientists urge Interior Department to keep protection for wolverinesDozens of the nation's leading conservation scientists on Thursday expressed strong concern over a U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service official's order to override a recommendation by federal biologists that wolverines…Click to Continue »
- Living Smart: House cleaning means the exterior, tooHouse cleaning isn't just an inside job. Your siding, driveway and garage floor get dirty, too. And just as a freshly cleaned car seems to drive better, a spic-and-span exterior…Click to Continue »
- UK hemp crop growing well without fertilizer, pesticideHemp's comeback in Kentucky is going strong, tall and green. A patch of hemp seeded at the University of Kentucky's Spindletop research farm in Lexington in late May has grown…Click to Continue »
- Crews work to keep Yosemite fire from sequoiasFire crews strengthened old containment lines on Wednesday to keep a blaze in Yosemite National Park from reaching a grove of treasured giant sequoia trees.Click to Continue »